Animation & VFX - A Career Path Worth Exploring2019-01-27
Animation and VFX (Visual Effects) in India grew at a healthy 16.4 per cent in 2016 as per a KPMG India - FICCI 2017 report on Indian Media and Entertainment Industry. The animation and VFX industry is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 17.2 per cent over 2017–21 to reach a size of INR131.7 billion. Breaking this down a notch deeper, the growth will be in part driven by 9.5 per cent growth in animation and a 25 per cent growth in the VFX segment.
So, let us examine the key drivers behind this amazing growth in the Animation segment in India.
- Huge Outsourced projects from film and television sectors (Currently this caters to 85% of the animation services in India)
- Digital advertising
- Animation Intellectual Property production (starting own animation companies and producing content. e.g. Green Gold Animations produces Chotta Bheem)
- Broadcasters partnering with Animation studios
- Growing use of VFX in films
Want to pursue a career in Animation and VFX? The path to Animation is clear if you are passionate about this segment. There is no restriction of subjects to pursue Animation. A Humanities, Commerce or Science student can apply and enrol into the Animation programs. Selection is either via an Entrance exam or via Class 12 merit usually.
Well, here's a list of 13 good bachelors programs offered by universities and institutes.
1. 3 Year B.Sc. Animation from Manipal Academy of Higher Education (earlier known as Manipal Univ) - School of Communication, Manipal [Details]
2. 4 Year B.Sc. Animation & Multimedia from BIT Mesra (Noida Campus) [Details]
3. 4 Year B.F.A. Visual Communication from Univ of Delhi [Details]
4. 3 Year Bachelor of Science in Animation and Gaming from Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be Univ) [Details]
5. 3 Year B.Sc. Animation from Jain University, Bangalore [Details]
6. 4 Year Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation from Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture & Fine Arts Univ, Hyderabad [Details]
7. 3 Year B.Sc. in Multimedia & Animation from VIT, Vellore [Details]
8. 4 Year B.Design in Animation & Film Design from NID Ahmedabad [Details]
9. 4 Year B.Design in Animation from MIT Institute of Design, MIT University, Pune [Details]
10. 4 Year B.Design in Animation & Motion Graphics at Unitedworld Institute of Design (UID), Karnavati University, Gandhinagar (Gujarat) [Details]
11. 3 Year B.Sc. Animation from Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar [Details]
12. 3 Year Bachelor of Visual Arts from iCAT Design & Media College, Bangalore (affiliated to Bangalore Univ) [Details]
13. 4 Year B.Design in Animation & Multimedia from Apeejay Stya University, Gurgaon [Details]
Data courtesy: KPMG India - FICCI Report and Economic Times
About the author: Tarun is a Co-founder at MyExamPlan.com. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org