BVSc and AH 2023 Counseling Started BY ICAR IVRI2023-07-31
Admission in BVSc & AH (Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry) course in Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar, Bareilly, UP against 85% quota will be made on the basis of merit in NEET-UG 2023.
a) Registration and documents uploading: 24 Jul to 20 Aug 2023 (6PM)
b) Rank list display for Round 1 for Regular/Open seats: 28 Aug 2023
c) Round 1 counseling, fee payment, provisional admission: 4 Sep 2023
d) Rank list display for Round 2 for Regular/Open seats: 5 Sep 2023
e) Round 2 counseling, fee payment, provisional admission: 11 Sep 2023
f) Rank list display for Round 1 for Payment/NRI/OCI seats: 12 Sep 2023
g) Counseling, fee payment, provisional admission: 18 Sep 2023
h) Rank list for mop up round: 19 Sep 2023
i) Mop up round counseling, fee payment, provisional admission: 29 Sep 2023
About IVRI, a Deemed University: Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), under the administrative control of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). was established on 9th December, 1889 as Imperial Bacteriological Laboratory at Pune (Maharashtra) and was shifted to Mukteswar, Distt. Nainital (Uttarakhand) in 1893.
Subsequently, for extending the activities of the Institute; Izatnagar, Bareilly (UP) campus was established in 1913 for large-scale production of serum and vaccines. It gradually expanded to the present size with its headquarters at Izatnagar (UP) and campuses at Mukteswar, Distt. Nainital (Uttarakhand), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and regional stations at Palampur (HP), Kolkata (West Bengal) and Pune (Maharashtra).
Post-graduate teaching and training programmes started in 1900 at the Institute. With the establishment of Post-Graduate College of Animal Sciences in 1958, the institute started conferring degree in Veterinary and Animal Sciences. The Institute has been conferred the status of Deemed to be University with effect from 16th November, 1983. From the academic session 2015-16, the institute has initiated under-graduate programme in Veterinary Sciences (BVSc & AH degree). Besides, imparting undergraduate education leading to BVSc & AH degree, the institute is providing quality education at masters’ and doctorate levels in 19 and 17 disciplines, respectively.
A) Duration: Five and a half complete professional years including a compulsory rotating internship of one year duration.
B) Seats to be filled-up by ICAR-IVRI Deemed University
- Regular / Open: 40
- Supernumerary payment seats: 7
- Supernumerary NRI / OCI seats: 3
C) Eligibility For Regular/Open and Payment Seats
a) Nationality : The candidate should be an Indian National.
b) Age : The candidate must have attained a minimum age of 17 years on or before the 31st December, 2023.
c) Essential Qualification:
- The candidate must have qualified NEET(UG) 2023.
- He or She has passed the qualifying examination as defined under VCI-MSVE Regulations, 2016 with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English (as a core course) and obtained marks as specified under regulations (7) or an examination equivalent to intermediate science examination of an Indian University or Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English.
- As per MSVE Regulations, 2016, a candidate under General Category for admission to the BVSc & AH degree course shall have to qualify in each of the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, and obtained 50% marks in aggregate of these subjects, at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to the SC or ST or other special category of students as specified by the Government from time to time, marks required for admission shall be 47.5%.
- Admission of students to BVSc & AH degree course shall be made on the basis of his or her merit obtained in the Merit of NEET(UG)-2023 subject to fulfilment of the other criteria as laid down above including qualifying examination and no other merit or weightage shall be considered.
- Candidates securing equal to or more than the NEET (UG)- 2023 cut-off marks as per category, will only be considered for admission against Regular/Open or Payment Seats.
(d) Physical Disability: A candidate will not be allowed admission to BVSc & AH degree course if he or she suffers the following disabilities, namely:-
- Disability of total body (including chest or spine) more than 50%,
- Disability of lower limb of more than 50%,
- Disability of upper limb,
- Visually handicapped candidates and those with hearing disability,
- Candidates with progressive diseases like myopathies etc.
- Disabilities which otherwise would interfere in the performance of the duties of a veterinarian.
a) The candidate has to apply online by using the IVRI BVSc & AH Admission 2023-24 Application Portal available at http://ivri.nic.in/BVScAdmPortal
b) Registration fee [Rs.2000/- for General/OBC/EWS candidates and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST/Divyang (PH) candidates] has to be submitted online using the link provided in the portal itself.
Once the steps mentioned above are completed, the candidate has to SUBMIT the application form by clicking the FINISH button.
c) All the candidates must also mail the scanned copy of the documents/ certificates uploaded on the portal along with the Application Summary Page (as a .zip folder/ .rar folder) on email id: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 13th August, 2023.
d) The counseling for admission to BVSc & AH degree programme shall be conducted by ICAR-IVRI Deemed University, Izatnagar and the decision of ICAR-IVRI shall be final.
a) Counseling for admissions to BVSc & AH degree programme at ICAR-IVRI will be held at ICAR-IVRI Deemed University Building, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar- 243 122, Dist. Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh.
b) Rank list of registered candidates invited for Counseling will be notified on the IVRI website only. No separate intimation will be sent to the candidates.
c) Counseling will be held through offline mode only. Physical presence of the candidate is compulsory at the time of counseling and admission.
d) The eligibility criteria, various documents (in original) etc. of the candidate shall be verified at the time of counseling and the decision of the college in the matter shall be final.
e) The selected candidates will have to deposit the Annual Fee and other charges (as per Section 8 of the information bulletin) on the date of counseling itself.
f) Admission letter will be issued to the selected candidates after successful completion of all the counseling formalities.