Premium Olympiad IOQM 2023 To Be Held On 3 Sep2023-07-30
Registrations for the premium Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics (IOQM) are ongoing and shall close on 5 Aug 2023. IOQM is the qualifier competition for a candidate to participate in the International Mathematical Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC), leading to the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO).
Conducting body: The Mathematical Olympiad Programme in India, which leads to the participation of Indian students in the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is organized by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) on behalf of the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India.
Pathway to IMO
IOQM --> INMO --> IMOTC --> IMO
In the 2023-2024 cycle the selection to the International Mathematical Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC) will be accomplished in three stages.
1. First stage exam: Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics (IOQM)
2. Regional Mathematical Olympiad (RMO)
3. Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO)
IOQM will be held on 3 Sep 2023
RMO will be held on 29 Oct 2023
INMO will be held on 21 Jan 2024
- Students born between August 1, 2004 and January 1, 2011, and studying in Class VIII, IX, X, XI or XII, are eligible to write IOQM. Please note that NO student born after January 1, 2010 will be allowed to write IOQM.
- The student must be residing and studying in India since 30 October 2021 or earlier. OR must be studying in an Indian school system since 30 October 2021 or earlier.
- The student must not have completed (or scheduled to complete) class 12 board examination earlier than 30 October, 2023.
1. Duration: 3 hours
2. Total marks: 100
3. The answer to each question is an integer in the range 00-99. No negative marking. OMR-based exam.
4. Composition of the paper: 10 questions of 2 marks each; 10 questions of 3 marks each, 10 questions of 5 marks each
Click HERE for complete details.