Applications Started For WBJEE 20232022-12-23
Online applications have commenced for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination WBJEE-2023 which will be conducted on 30 Apr 2023 by the WBJEE Board for admission in the academic session 2023-24 into Undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture of different Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal.
Date of examination: 30th April 2023 (Sunday).
Application schedule: 23rd Dec 2022 to 20th Jan 2023.
The examination will be conducted in OMR mode.
Participating institutes: 8 State Govt Engineering colleges, 1 Other Govt Engineering College, 11 Universities/University Departments, 7 Private universities, 65 Private Engineering colleges, 1 State Govt Pharmacy college, 22 Stand Alone Pharmacy colleges.
Scope of admissions
(i) State funded / State aided Universities / Univ. Departments (U)
a) 100% seats in respect of all available courses shall be admitted through WBJEE. For Jadavpur University, 90% of General seats are earmarked for West Bengal Domicile candidates.
b) The fees for study in such Institutions shall be guided by relevant Fee-Structure of respective Universities.
(ii) Government Engineering & Technology Colleges (G)
a) 100% seats in respect of all available courses shall be admitted through WBJEE
b) The fees for study in such Institutions shall be guided by relevant Fee-Structure as may be defined by the Dept of Higher Education, Govt of West Bengal.
(iii) Private & Self Financing Universities (PU)
The number of seats for admission through WBJEE would be available in the Seat Matrix to be published before counselling and admission. Separate Fee-Structures are available for study in such Private & Self Financing Universities as may be defined by the respective Universities or by the State Government in the Higher Education Department through relevant Government Orders.
(iv) Private & Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges - Non-Minority Institutions (P) : 90% of the Seats shall be available for admission through the WBJEE and remaining 10% seats shall be available for admission through JEE-Mains.
Separate Fee-Structures are available for study in such institutions as may be defined by the Higher Education Department, Govt of West Bengal.
Seats for admission through JEE (Main) 2023
Seats are available for student’s merit listed in JEE-Mains 2023, Paper-1 up to the extent of 10% of the approved seats in all Self-Financed Engineering & Technology Colleges of West Bengal.
The eligibility and other criteria for admission to degree level Engineering / Technology /Pharmacy / Architecture courses, will be applicable for JEE-Mains 2023 paper-1 merit listed candidates also.