Indian Army Applications Open For Tech Entry Scheme 492022-12-05
The Indian Army has started accepting applications for its Technical Entry Scheme (TES batch no. 49) from candidates who have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and appeared in JEE-Mains 2022 examination for the grant of Permanent Commission in the Army in the Officer Cadre
Note: This entry scheme for students after Class 12 is different from the NDA entry.
- Candidate must have completed their Class 12 in PCM subjects with 60% min aggregate.
- A candidate must be an unmarried male and must either be: (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Nepal, or (iii) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Must have appeared in JEE-Mains 2022 examination.
- Must not be below 16-1/2 years and above 19-1/2 years on the first day of the month in which the course is due to commence i.e. the candidate should not be born before 02 Jul 2004 and not after 01 Jul 2007 (both days inclusive).
No. of vacancies: 90
Training & Award of Degree
- Training period shall be for 5 years
- 1 year at Officers Training Academy Gaya, 3 years at CME Pune/MCTE Mhow / MCEME Secunderabad, followed by 1-year post-commissioning training at CME Pune/MCTE Mhow / MCEME Secunderabad.)
- The candidates will be awarded an Engineering degree from JNU after successful completion of the final examination.
Stipend, Salary & Cost of Training
- Cost shall be Rs.13,940/- per week which will be borne by the Govt. It will be recovered from candidates in case of their withdrawing for personal reasons.
- Starting salary band as Lieutenant - Rs.56,100 - Rs.1,77,500
- Military service pay of Rs. 15,500 per month
- Fixed stipend of Rs.56,100/-p.m. as is admissible to NDA cadets on completion of 3 years training. On completion of 4 years training, they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank.
- Flying allowance of Rs.25,000 per month if posted as army aviator
- DA, Kit maintenance allowance of Rs.20,000 (per year), Transport allowance ranging from Rs.3,600 to Rs.7,200 per month
- Field allowance ranging from Rs.6,300 to RS.16,900 per month
- High Alt Allowance of Rs.3,400 to Rs.25,000 per month, Siachen Allowance of Rs.42,500 per month (if applicable)
- Generous insurance cover for a small premium.
Selection process has 2 stages conducted by SSB (Service Selection Board)
Stage 1 : Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cut off will undergo SSB at one of the Selection Centres i.e., Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bengaluru (Karnataka) or Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer.
Stage 2 : Those who clear Stage I of SSB will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day.
Duration of SSB interview is five days
How to apply
- Application will only be accepted online. To do so the candidate needs to click on the ‘online application’ button on website https://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in/
- Candidates are required to fill their Rank as per the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE-Mains 2022 in the application.
- The application will be screened at the Directorate General of Recruiting, Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Army) and the candidate thereafter will be detailed for Services Selection Board (SSB).
- After successfully submitting the form, the candidate will receive a confirmation in the form of a dialog box of having submitted the application. Print out of the application with a Roll number will be available to the candidate 30 mins after the closing of online applications. Candidates are required to print two copies of the application with Roll Number generated by the system. One copy of the printout application duly self-attested by the candidate will be carried to the selection centre for the SSB interview. Following documents (original) will also be carried along with the Application Form: Class 10 certificate and mark sheet showing date of birth proof, Class 12 certificate and mark sheet, ID proof, Copy of JEE-Mains 2022 Result.
- 20 copies of self-attested PP size photograph will also be carried along with the Application Form.
- Shortlisted candidates will be detailed to undergo SSB interviews from Feb / March 2023 onwards.
Last Date to Apply: 30 Dec 2022 (1200 Hours)