Indian Maritime Univ, PREMIUM Engg, BSc And BBA Courses2022-03-30
Indian Maritime University, a Central University under Ministry of Shipping, Government of India, has started accepting online applications for 2022 admissions in its niche Marine Engineering and related Science / BBA courses.
Courses offered by IMU : B.Tech (Marine Engineering), B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering), B.Sc (Nautical Science), BBA (Logistics, Retailing & E-Commerce), Apprenticeship embedded BBA – Maritime Logistics, BSc (Ship Building & Repair)
Admission criteria: Admission in BTech and BSc (NS) is through an entrance test (CET-IMU-Eng).
For BBA, candidates need to apply online on IMU’s BBA link. Admission mechanism will be intimated in due course of time. Till 2021, BBA there was no CET for BBA.
For BSc (SBR), no registration in IMU-CET portal is required. Admission will be done by the institute as per IMU’s eligibility criteria.
Campus wise courses (technical)
(i) Out of the various campuses of IMU, B.Tech in Marine Engg is offered at Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai, Naval Arch & Ocean Engg is offered at Vishakhapatnam.
(ii) In the affiliated institutes, Marine Engg is offered at Coimbatore, Cochin, Chennai, New Delhi, Pune, Madurai, Mumbai.
(iii) In the affiliated institutes, BSc (SBR) is offered at Palakkad. BSc (NS) is offered at Chennai and Pune
(iv) In IMU campuses, BSc (NS) is offered at Mumbai, Chennai, Cochin
Last date to submit application online : 16 May 2022
Date of entrance test CET-IMU-Eng : 29 May 2022
The entrance test shall be conducted in online mode, unless situation warrants a different mode.
Last year (2021), specifying “administrative reasons”, the University cancelled the entrance test (CET-IMU-Eng) and granted admissions based on Normalised score of Class 12 board examination
About Indian Maritime University (IMU) : IMU was established on Nov 14, 2008 as a teaching and affiliating university under the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India, with Chennai as headquarters. There were 7 renowned legacy teaching-cum-research institutes under the Ministry of Shipping, and these were subsumed under the Indian Maritime University in November 2008. Currently, IMU has 6 campuses in India:
1. IMU Navi Mumbai Campus (Erstwhile Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai)
2. IMU Mumbai Port Campus (Erstwhile the Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research and the Marine Engineering Research Institute)
3. IMU Kolkata Campus (Erstwhile Marine Engineering Research Institute and Indian Institute of Port Management)
4. IMU Visakhapatnam Campus (Erstwhile The National Ship Design and Research Centre, Visakhapatnam)
5. IMU Chennai Campus (Erstwhile National Maritime Academy, Chennai)
6. IMU Kochi Campus Additionally, the University has 17 Affiliated Institutes.