KEAM 2021 : Certificates required with application2021-04-01
Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Govt of Kerala, conducts KEAM entrance test for admission in professional degree courses in the state of Kerala. The applications for KEAM will be invited soon but in the meanwhile, it has notified the list of documents required to be furnished by applicants to avail category, reservation benefits, fee concessions etc. Accordingly, applicants are advised to obtain the following certificates from the revenue authorities concerned.
1. Non-Creamy Layer Certificate for State Education Purpose from the Village Officer (SEBC/OEC candidates). Certificates issued for Employment purpose, Central Education purpose, etc., will not be considered.
2. Caste Certificate from the Thahsildar (for SC/ST candidates)
3. Community Certificate from the Village Officer (for OEC candidates not included in Non-Creamy Layer)
4. Income Certificate from the Village Officer (for fee concession/scholarship based on annual family Income except for SC/ST/OEC candidates)
5. Non-Creamy Layer Certificates / Caste Certificate & Income Certificate from the Village Officer (Candidates included in the communities eligible for educational concession as per the G.O.(MS)No.10/2014/BCDD, dtd. 23.05.2014)
6. Non-Creamy Layer Certificates from the village Officer (son/daughters of Inter caste married persons of whom either parent belongs to SEBC/OEC) or Inter caste marriage certificates from the Thahsildar (son/daughters of Inter caste married persons of whom either parent belongs to SC/ST)
7. School Certificates/birth certificates will be considered as proof of nativity if place of birth of the candidate is mentioned in the School Certificate/Birth certificates. If the place of birth of the candidate is not mentioned in the School Certificate/Birth certificates the Nativity Certificate issued by the village Officer need to be obtained.
8. EWS Certificate from the Village Officer (for Economically Weaker sections in General Category).
9. Community certificates from the Village Officer (For Minority Community (Muslim/Christian) seats reserved in Self-financing Colleges and for candidates who do not produce Non-Creamy layer Certificates.)
10. For NRI quota seats
(a) Passport copy and Visa attested by the Embassy/Green Card/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) documents of their respective sponsors. The job of the sponsor should be mentioned in any of the above documents. The validity of the Visa should be up to the closing date of admission.
(b) Employment certificate of the sponsor attested by the Embassy/Consulate authorities (In case, the employment of the sponsor is not mentioned in the documents such as Passport copy and Visa attested by the Embassy/Green Card/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)).
(c) Relationship certificate of the sponsor and student to be issued by the revenue authorities (Relationship should be established) as per the G.O (MS) No. 243/14/H&FWD dated 06.08.2014. If the sponsor is the Father/Mother of the applicant, educational certificates of the applicant containing the name of the sponsor shall also be accepted.
(d) The sworn affidavit from the Sponsor in the stamp paper worth Rs.200/- should be produced. The same shall also be notarized by the Notary Public, disclosing that the student is dependent of the sponsor and all the expenses i.e. tuition fee and special fee, of the candidate for the entire course period will be borne by the Sponsor.
(e) The sponsor should be an Indian citizen/Overseas Citizen of India/Person of Indian Origin and relevant document to prove the same.
The candidates who apply for certificate through e-district project from Akshaya/Common Service Centres need not use the proforma given in the KEAM website. Certificates in the e-district format can be used.