Indian Navy 10+2 BTech Entry Scheme2020-10-12
Applications are invited from UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES, fulfilling the conditions of nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India, to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for a four year B.Tech degree course under the 10+2 (B.Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme.
Selected Candidates will be inducted as Cadets for the four year B.Tech Course in Applied Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electronics & Communication Engineering as per Naval requirements. On completion of the course, B.Tech Degree will be awarded by the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU). Distribution of cadets amongst Executive, Education, Engineering, Electrical & Electrical Branch (Technical Branch) will be as per the extant policy.
The entire cost of training, including books and reading material, will be borne by the Indian Navy. The cadets will also be provided with entitled clothing and messing.
The selected candidates will be distributed among Education, Executive and Technical branches of Indian Navy on completion of their course at INA. The branch-wise vacancies are as under :
- Education branch : 05
- Executive & Technical branch : 29
(a) Only one application is to be filled by a candidate.
(b) Candidates may apply for Branch (a) or (b) or (both).
(c) Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference.
(d) If not shortlisted for the first preference you may be considered for alternate branch subject to availability of spare slot in SSB batches of that Branch.
(e) Once shortlisted for a branch, subsequent stages of selection process (SSB, medical & Merit List) will be exclusively for that branch.
(f) If a candidate has opted for only one branch he will not be considered for other branch despite being in merit.
1. Age : Born between 02 Jul 2001 and 01 Jan 2004 (both dates inclusive).
2. Educational Qualification : Passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent examinations from any Board with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
3. JEE-Mains-2020 mandatory : Candidates should have appeared for JEE-Mains-2020 (for B.E./ B.Tech) exam. Call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) will be issued on the basis of JEE-Mains-2020 All India Rank published by NTA.
4. Medical Standards :
(a) All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medicals as per extant regulations. There is no relaxation in medical standard on any ground. Guidelines for medical standards are available on the Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
(b) Relaxations in height is permissible to candidates holding domicile of specific regions details of which are available on the Indian Navy website
5. Tattoo : Guidelines for tattoo are also available on the Indian Navy website
Start of online applications : 6 Oct 2020
Last date of online application : 20 Oct 2020
1. IHQ of MoD(Navy) reserves the right to fix the cut off for shortlisting of applications for SSB based on JEE-Mains-2020 All India Rank. SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore / Bhopal / Kolkata / Visakhapatnam from Nov - Jan 2020.
2. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail or through SMS as provided by candidates in their application form. You are advised to maintain your mobile number and e-mail ID till selection process is complete.
3. SSB interview will be conducted in two stages.
Stage I test consists of Intelligence test, Picture Perception and Group Discussion. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day.
Stage II test comprises Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview which will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 working days).
a) Candidates are to register and submit their application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. To save time during the application submission window, candidates can fill in their details and upload documents in advance under their user profile.
b) Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable correct filling up of personal particulars.
c) Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate/12 class certificate.
d) Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields.
e) All relevant documents (preferably in original) Date of birth proof (as per 10th/12th certificates), 10th class marksheet, 12th class marksheet, JEE-Mains-2020 scorecard (indicating All India Rank) and a recent passport size colour photograph should be scanned in original JPG/TIFF format, for attaching the same while filling up the application.
f) If any scanned document is not legible / readable for any reason, the application will be rejected.
g) Print one copy of online application form and carry it along with original certificates/documents while appearing for SSB interview.