NEET-UG-2020 Applications Started2019-12-03
The National Testing Agency NTA has opened the NEET-UG-2020 application portal for admission to all undergraduate medical education in India. NEET stands for National Eligibility Entrance Test.
Salient aspects of NEET-UG-2020:
- NEET is the gateway for admission to all Medical (MBBS), Dental (BDS), Ayurveda (BAMS), Siddha (BSMS), Unani (BUMS), Homeopathy (BHMS) Courses in India
- Applicable to Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs), Foreign Nationals
- Applicable for admission to all Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC & AFMC including Delhi University (DU), BHU, AMU, AIIMS, JIPMER, State Govt Aided, Unaided Private medical colleges
- NEET to be uased for State/Management/NRI Quota Seats, Central Pool Quota Seats, NRI Quota as well as Management Quota, in private unaided/aided minority / non- minority medical colleges
- Mandatory to take NEET if the student wishes to pursue UG medical education outside India
- Admission offered for six categories
- Pen & Paper based Entrance Exam with multiple choice questions (to be marked on OMR sheet)
- Test offered in 11 languages
- Entrance Exam to be conducted in 155 cities across India
- Starting 2020, NEET-UG-2020 replaces AIIMS & JIPMER Entrance Exams. Thus, NEET remains the only entrance exam for UG medical programs
Last date to apply for NEET-UG-2020 is 1st January, 2020
Entrance Exam Date: Sunday, 03rd May, 2020 from 02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.