ICAI to open office in Ladakh, Announces generous fee waivers
The Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has decided to open a Representative Office of the Institute in Union Territory of Ladakh.
The Council of the ICAI has also decided to waive off 75% fee for the students registering from the newly formed Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh and also from 8 North-Eastern States, for all level of CA Course i.e. Foundation, Intermediate and Final.
The opening up of office in Ladakh will help in outreach by ensuring that the Chartered Accountancy Course is accessible to the interested candidates at their doorstep thereby empowering the local youth through skill development and will also to equip them to be a part of the mainstream / economy.
About ICAI : Functioning under the administrative control of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India, ICAI is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament for regulating the profession of Chartered Accountancy in the country. It is the second largest professional body of Chartered Accountants in the world, with a strong tradition of service to the Indian economy in public interest.
Some of its key responsibilities are :
- Regulate the profession of Accountancy
- Education and Examination of Chartered Accountancy Course
- Continuing Professional Education of Members
- Conducting Post Qualification Courses
- Formulation of Accounting Standards
- Prescription of Standard Auditing Procedures
- Laying down Ethical Standards
- Monitoring Quality through Peer Review
- Ensuring Standards of performance of Members
- Exercise Disciplinary Jurisdiction
- Financial Reporting Review
- Input on Policy matters to Government