Examination Details

Exam name WBJEE
Notification Status Announced
Examination Body

West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board

Examination Body Type Other
Popularity Popular in East
Summary

For 2018 : Only the start date of application and date of entrance exam is announced yet. Rest of the information provided here pertains to 2017 and shall be updated once published by the examining body.

The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was constituted in the year 1962 by the State Government of West Bengal. The Board is empowered to conduct common, combined, competitive, entrance examinations for admission to the Undergraduate Professional and Vocational Courses in any College or in any University in the State of West Bengal. For the academic session of 2017 - 18, the Board will conduct the Common Entrance Examination for admission to Undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses in Universities, Government Colleges and Self Financed Institutes in the State.

Type of participating institute and scope of admission

(i) State funded/State aided Universities / Univ. Departments (U)

a) 100% seats in respect of all available courses shall be admitted through WBJEE

b) The fees for study in such Institutions shall be guided by relevant Fee-Structure of respective Universities.

(ii) Government Engineering & Technology Colleges (G)

a) 100% seats in respect of all available courses shall be admitted through WBJEE

b) The fees for study in such Institutions shall be guided by relevant Fee-Structure as may be defined by the State Government in the Higher Education Department.
(iii) Private & Self Financing Universities (PU)

There are some Private Universities established in the State in conducting Degree Level Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy /Architecture Courses run on self financing basis. The quantum of such seats for admission through WBJEE would be available in the Seat Matrix for admission through WBJEE to be provided by the WBJEE during the counselling and admission process. Separate Fee-Structures are available for study in such Private & Self Financing Universities as may be defined by the respective Universities or by the State Government in the Higher Education Department through relevant Government Orders.

(iv) Private & Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges- Non-Minority Institutions (P)

90% of the Seats shall be available for admission through the WBJEE and remaining 10% seats shall be available for admission through the All India Engineering Entrance Examination-2017 i.e. the JEE-Main-2017. However, there may be some Institutions allowed to admit students under  management quota (up-to a maximum of 10% seats). Admission to such seats shall be made by respective Institution through the WBJEE-2017 and/or JEE Main-2017. Details are available separately.

(v) Private & Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges- Minority Institutions (PM)

50% of the seats shall be available for admission through the WBJEE-2017. Admission to remaining 50% of the seats shall be made through a separate Common Entrance Examination conducted by the Association of Minority Professional Academic Institutions (named as CEE-AMPAI). Details shall be available with the said Association.

Number of institutes

9 State funded/State aided Universities/Univ Departments

9 Govt colleges

4 Pvt (self financing) universities

77 Private & Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges- Non-Minority Institutions

5 Private & Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges- Minority Institutions

Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.