Vignan Deemed to be University V-SAT 2022 applications started

V-SAT Entrance Exam

Exam name V-SAT
Notification Status Announced
Examination Body

Vignan Foundation For Science, Technology and Research (Deemed to be Univ)

Examination Body Type Deemed Univ
Popularity Popular in South
Summary

Course offered : B.Tech & B.Pharm

B.Tech Branches offered : Agricultural, Automobile, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics, Food Tech, Information Tech, Mechanical, Petroleum, Robotics & Automation, Textile

Vignan Foundation For Science, Technology and Research (VFSTR) Andhra Pradesh is a “Deemed to be University”

Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology and Research (VFSTR) is Deemed to be University, located in Guntur in Andhra Pradesh. Besides the BTech and other programs, it has also established Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) - Technical Skill Development Institute (tSDI) : APSSDC-tSDI , an initiative as part of SKILL INDIA and Andhra Pradesh State Government’s vision of training, retraining, skill up gradation of unemployed and under employed youth. Vignan’s Deemed to be University is among the select few identified by APSSDC in this region to impart training to the youth in seven different technical areas.

Seat allocation through different entrance exams : In each branch 60% of the seats are allotted for VSAT rankers, 20% of the seats to Inter merit/EAMCET rankers, 10% to JEE (Mains) / (Adv) rankers and remaining 10% will be allocated in category B.

Reservations : 15% of the seats are reserved for scheduled castes (SC), and 7.5% of the seats are reserved for scheduled tribes (ST) and other 27% has been reserved for the other backward classes (OBC) comprising 49.5% reserved to OBC, SC & ST categories. In addition to this, 10% of the total intake in each programme will be reserved for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) and the total reservations for OBC, SC, ST and EWSs will be 59.5% of the permitted strength in each programme. In each of these categories horizontal reservation is given for special categories viz., Physically Handicapped - PH (3%), Children of Armed Forces Personnel - CAP (2%), National Cadet Corps - NCC (1%), Sports and Games (0.5%). In addition, a reservation of 33 1/3% of seats is in favour of women candidates in each category (OC/SC/ST/OBC). Reservation for women shall not be applicable if women candidates selected on merit in each category exceed 33 1/3%.

For Kashmir migrants : Relaxation in cut off percentage up to 10 % subject to minimum eligibility requirements and reservation of one seat in merit quota for the wards of Kashmir migrants as per the direction of MHRD, Govt. of India.

Scholarships : Scholarships are given based on ranks/score in VSAT, JEE-Mains, EAMCET, NEET, CBSE score.

25% of the total seats in each Department are reserved for scholarships. Out of that 5% seats with 75% scholarship, 10% seats with 50% scholarship and 10% seats with 25% scholarship. Preference in allotment of scholarship seats will be given to V-SAT qualified candidates. The scholarship is applicable for four years of study subject to maintaining a minimum of 70% of marks in the preceding year(s) without any backlogs.

*************************

Check the Tabs for

Form last date, eligibility, & test pattern of V-SAT

Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.