Program Offered: 3 Year B.Com
The history of the University of Allahabad dates back to the days of the ascendency of the Raj in India. It was established on September 23rd, 1887 and became the fourth University to be established in the country after Calcutta, Bombay and Madras. Its first entrance examination was held in March 1889. The University made significant contributions in various fields of knowledge and because of this has earned an encomium *Oxford of East*. It was notified as a Central University in 2005. It consists of major 5 faculties namely Science, Arts, commerce, law, management faculties. Being a Central University, no domicile requirements are needed for applying.
The Under Graduate Entrance Test (UGAT) is the entrance examination for admissions to many courses including B.Com of the University of Allahabad and its eight constituent colleges, namely:
1. Allahabad Degree College
2. Arya Kanya Degree College
3. CMP Degree College
4. Iswar Saran Degree College
5. Jagat Taran Girls Degree College
6. Rajarshi Tandon Mahila Mahavidyalaya
7. S S Khanna Girls Degree College
8. Shyama Prasad Mukherji Degree College
- 15% for SC
- 7.5% for ST
- 27% for OBC
- 10% for EWS
- 5 % of the total seats in each subject/ course shall be allotted under Physically Handicapped candidates
- 2 % of the total seats in each subject/ course shall be allotted under Sports Quota.
- 5% supernumerary seats for wards of Teacher/Employee of the University, the University Institutes, the constituents Colleges and constituents Institutes.
- Weightage will be provided to Kashmiri migrants as per Government guidelines
- NCC 'B' certificate holder will get 5% weightage in Entrance Test
959 seats for B.Com across various constituent colleges
Annual Tuition Fee: Rs. 924/-
Boarding and living expenses are separate.