The National Eligibility cum Entrenace Test (NEET) shall be conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The seats are classified in the following categories:
(i) All India Quota Seats
(ii) State Government Quota Seats
(iii) State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
(iv) Central Pool Quota Seats
15% All India Quota seats
The responsibility of CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General of Health Services, New Delhi for counselling of 15% All India Quota Seats and providing the result to the State Counselling Authorities and Admitting Institutions.
Seats under control of State Govts/Universitries/Institutions
The counselling for admission in seats under the control of other States/Universities/Institutions shall be conducted as per the notifications issued separately by the authorities concerned.
# Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
# In addition, they are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institution and the Government of India.
## Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% all India quota seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. They can claim admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
A. For 15% all India Quota Seats:
15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for non creamy layer OBCs. Candidates from creamy layer and those who do not come under Central List of OBC are advised to mention their category as Unreserved (UR).
3% seats are reserved on horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates.
B. For seats under conrol of State Govts
Admission under State Quota Seats shall be subject to reservation policy and eligibility criteria prevailing in the State/Union Territory as notified by the respective State/Union Territory from time to time.
REQUIREMNENT OF AADHAAR NUMBER
1. For Indian citizens and ordinary residents of India, Aadhaar Number is a requirement to fill up the online application of NEET-2017 in all States except J&K, Assam and Meghalaya.
2. For NRIs, Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET-2017.
3. For Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s), Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET-2017.
4. At the time of filling application form of NEET– 2017, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender and hereby give their consent to CBSE to validate the information provided by them with the UIDAI’s database. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidate will not be able to fill the application form of NEET- 2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
Number of attempts:
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) shall be limited to 3 (Three) uniformly for all the candidates. The candidates who have already appeared in AIPMT/NEET on three occasions are not allowed to take this examination.
1. An All India merit list and All India Rank of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the Existing Reservation Policies.
2. All admission to MBBS/BDS courses within in the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
3. All other existing eligibility criteria for admission to Medical/Dental Colleges shall be applicable as per Rules and Policies of the State/UT/Institution/University concerned.
4. CBSE will share NEET rank with DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India to provide the same to admitting authorities.
5. Admitting authorities will invite applications for counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the admitting authorities subject to their applicable rules.
1. Only through online submission of application may be made by accessing the Board’s website www.cbseneet.nic.in .Instructions for submitting online application and payment of fee are available on website.
2. Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner:
a. Through any Debit/Credit Card
b. Net Banking/UPI or
c. e-wallets of different service provider
3. Candidates must retain the following documents with them as reference for future correspondence.
(a) At least three printouts of the Confirmation Page of online Application.
(b) Proof of fee paid.
(c) At least 5 copies of identical passport size Photograph that was scanned and uploaded on the Online Application.
(d) At least 2 similar post card size photos (same as scanned and uploaded on the online application).
(e) Copy of the system generated Self Declaration in- respect of candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J&K who have opted for seats under 15% All India Quota .