Program Offered: Admissions to 5 1/2 year MBBS Programs & 5 Year BDS Programs across all Medical & Dental Colleges across India
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) - 2019 (NEET-UG-2019) shall be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
Following candidate types can appear for NEET-UG-2019 provided they satisfy other eligibilty criteria:
Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs), Foreign Nationals
The seats are classified in the following categories:
(i) All India Quota Seats
(ii) State Government Quota Seats
(iii) Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
(iii) State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University
(iv) Central Pool Quota Seats
1. An All India merit list and All India Rank of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the Existing Reservation Policies.
2. All admission to MBBS/BDS courses within in the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
3. All other existing eligibility criteria for admission to Medical/Dental Colleges shall be applicable as per Rules and Policies of the State/UT/Institution/University concerned.
4. NTA will share NEET rank with DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India to provide the same to admitting authorities.
5. Admitting authorities will invite applications for counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the admitting authorities subject to their applicable rules.
6. For 15% All India Quota (AIQ) Seats in Govt. Medical Colleges:
- The responsibility of NTA is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General of Health Services, New Delhi for for counselling of 15% All India Quota Seats and all seats of Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC & AFMC including Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU and providing the result to the State Counselling Authorities and Admitting Institutions
7. Indian Citizens/Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue MBBS/BDS from a foreign Medical/Dental Institute need to qualify NEET (UG) - 2019.
Admission criteria to various categories:
Admission in 15% AIQ seats:
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs), Foreign Nationals
- Reservation: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for non creamy layer OBCs. Candidates from creamy layer and those who do not come under Central List of OBC are advised to mention their category as Unreserved (UR). 5% seats of the annual sanctioned intake capacity shall be filled up by candidates with Bench Marked Disabilities. Remainder of the seats would be open for General Category (Un-reserved) category candidates.
Admission in State Medical Colleges/Universities/Institutions/Private Medical Colleges for seats other than 15% All India Quota.
- The counselling for admission in seats under the control of other States/Universities/Institutions shall be conducted as per the notifications issued separately by the authorities concerned.
- Admission under State Quota Seats shall be subject to reservation policy and eligibility criteria prevailing in the State/Union Territory as notified by the respective State/Union Territory from time to time.
- Admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in Private Medical Colleges shall be subject to policies of the Government of India/State/Union Territory.
Admission to Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats Of ESIC and AFMC including BHU and AMU
- Admission to Deemed Universities/Central Universities/seats of ESIC including BHU and AMU will be conducted by DGHS and reservation policy will be as per rules and regulations of the concerned University or Institution.
- Admission to AFMC, Pune shall be subject to the norms prescribed by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. Candidates who apply for NEET (UG) – 2019 and also seeking admission in AFMC will also have to apply to AFMC on www.afmc.nic.in / www.afmcdg1d.gov.in. The short listed candidates will be required to appear for a second stage Screening Test conducted by AFMC.
Important Information for candidates from J&K:
- Students from State of J & K are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% all India quota seats as State of J&K has opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically alongwith confirmation page for the record and to present during counselling. The draft self-declaration is given in Appendix – III of the prospectus.
- Candidates from the State of J & K can appear in NEET (UG) for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfilment of eligibility conditions.