Program: IISER 5-Year BS-MS Integrated Program
To promote high quality scientific education, research and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati. The IISERs offer wonderful opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students seeking fulfilling science-based careers. Students can learn the basic sciences through a detailed program and, in parallel, work on cutting-edge research alongside exceptional faculty members. Each IISER is an autonomous institution which awards the BS-MS degree.
This is a fully residential program. The frst two years of the program consist of core courses in basic sciences, the third and fourth years are dedicated to specialization in chosen science subjects and the fifth year includes a research project. The training during the program enables students to pursue a career in academia, R&D institutes, and science based industries.
Berhampur — 100
Bhopal — 260
Kolkata — 200
Mohali — 200
Pune — 200
Thiruvananthapuram — 200
Tirupati — 125
SC — 15%, ST — 7.5%, OBCNC (OBC Non-Creamy Layer) — 27%, PD — 3% supernumerary, KM — 1 seat in each IISER, supernumerary.
Mode of selection:
There are three channels of admission. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through these channels.
Mode 1: Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel: Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2017-18 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable. (No need to take IISER Aptitude Test)
Mode 2: Joint Entrance Examination - Advanced of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE) channel (No need to take IISER Aptitude Test)
Mode 3: State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel (IISER Aptitude Test)
- Max 50% seats: Through KVPY and JEE channels.
- Remaining seats: Through the SCB channel based on the merit in the IISER aptitude test. Unfilled seats from KVPY and JEE channels will be added to the SCB channel for allotment.
- Students who have passed (10+2) level with science stream in 2016 or 2017 with marks equal or above the cut off percentage in their respective boards as given in the Eligibility Section are eligible to apply via Mode 3 (SCB channel via IISER Aptitude Test)
Total fee at the time of admission: varies in each institute. Please check individual IISER websites for details.
100% Tuition fee waiver for students belonging to SC/ST community.
KVPY scholars admitted to IISERs will draw fellowship as per KVPY norms. In addition, a limited number of INSPIRE scholarships of ₹5000/- per month will be available for candidates admitted through JEE and SCB channels.
How to Apply:
- Each of the channels/modes have different application dates. Students can apply via more than one channels separately if they are eligible in those. All IISERs admit students through a common application process. One application form is valid for all the IISERs.
- Apply by clicking on the link https://www.iiseradmission.in/apply
- Only one application from an eligible candidate with valid details would be accepted for each channel. Applications with incorrect or unverifiable information can be rejected at any stage in the admission process.
- Foreign students can apply only through the JEE channel.