Course offered : B.Tech
The prime objective of Common Entrance Examination (CEE) organised by Association of Minority Professional Academic Institutes (AMPAI) (Sikh Minority) is to conduct an entrance examination for students in the State and National level. Students of Sikh and Other Minority and Non-Minority in the State and National level may appear in the CEE-AMPAI-2019-WB examination.
Association of Minority Professional Academic Institutes (AMPAI) is a registered body under West Bengal Society Registration Act 1961, vide Reg. No. S/1L/76255 Dt. 15/12/2010. The Association was established in the year 2010.
Streams offered : Electronics & Communication, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical, Biomedical, Civil, Mechanical, Electronics & Instrumentation, Applied Electronics & Instrumentation, Food Technology, Automobile
Institutes and Intake
The following colleges accept the admission of students through the Common Entrance Examination AMPAI :
a) JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani
b) Narula Institute of Technology, Kolkata
c) Guru Nanak Institute of Technology, Kolkata
d) Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Kolkata (only BPharm)
e) Dr. Sudhir Chandra Sur Degree Engineering College, Kolkata
50% seats of total intake of 5 colleges will be available for admission through CEE-AMPAI-2019-WB in B.Tech & B.Pharm which comes around 1260 seats.
Institute Affiliation Status
The aforesaid institutions are affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (Formerly West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT)) a Public State University in West Bengal. While JISCE, NIT, GNIT have been granted Autonomous status by UGC.
Institute wise branches offered
Details for 2019 are awaited. Info pertaining to 2018 is provided below :
Electronics & Communication : Offered in all institutes except (d) above
Computer Science & Engg : Offered in all institutes except (d) above
Information Technology : Offered in all institutes except (d) and (e) above
Electrical : Offered in all institutes except (d) and (e) above
Biomedical : Offered only in (a)
Civil : Offered in (a), (b) and (e)
Mechanical : Offered in (a), (b) and (e)
Electronics & Instrumentation : Offered only in (b) and (c)
Food Technology : Offered only in (c)
Automobile : Offered only in (e)
Note : As preference of admission shall be given to students from the Sikh minority, any seats left vacant thereafter may be filled by students from any other community, religion or caste based on merit list rank of CEE-AMPAI-2019-WB and eligibility criteria.
Counselling and admission process : Detailed information regarding admission to the concerned Colleges and allotment of seats therein shall be made available in due course. The Counselling date, documentation process and all other relevant information shall be uploaded after conducting of CEE-AMPAI-2019-WB. Those interested are requested to check this section after 9/6/2019.
The Counselling process will be “Physical” in Kolkata. Venue and date would be announced later. The corresponding physical counselling is to be followed within 15 days of the declaration of the results and the merit list. The counselling fee is Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only).
In the counselling session, candidates have to produce:
1. Original documents (i.e. marksheets of 10th& 12th standards, Date of Birth proof, Rank Card of CEE-AMPAI-2019-WB, domicile certificate from the appropriate authority.) If any candidate fails to produce the proper domicile certificate in the prescribed proformas then said candidate wil be considered as a non-minority candidate.
2. One set of attested copies of the above documents along with 4 copies of passport size photographs.
3. During Counselling, one seat will be allotted to each participating candidate as per his/her choice based on intense merit and availability of seat at that point of time.
4. A seat Allotment letter will be issued to each participating candidate.
5. Candidates will have the choice to provisionally book the aforesaid allotted seat at the counselling venue against a payment of a Demand Draft of Rs.20,000/- in favour of “Association of Minority Professional Academic Institutes” or “AMPAI”, payable at Kolkata.