All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) was established by an Act of Parliament of 1956 as an autonomous institution of national importance and its objectives and functions were defined. By virtue of this Act, the Institute awards its own medical degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions.
AIIMS Entrance Test is conducted for admissions to MBBS Course of AIIMS, New Delhi and six other AIIMS at Bhopal, Patna, Jodhpur, Raipur, Rishikesh and Bhubaneswar
Duration: 5 1/2 Years incl. 1 year compulsary internship
No. of seats:
AIIMS, New Delhi - 107
Gen - 50; OBC - 27; SC - 15; ST - 8; Foreign: 7
A 3% reservation for Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped[OPH] shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats available.
In the six new AIIMS the admission will be for 100 seats in each Institution.
Seat split in each of the 6 AIIMS -
Gen - 50; OBC - 27; SC - 15; ST - 8
- It will be an online test (computer based test)
- Date of Exam: 28th May 2017
- The Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in two shifts:
Morning Shift / First shift : 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Afternoon Shift / Second shift : 03:00 PM to 06:30 PM
- Language of paper - Hindi / English
- The examination centres are tentatively proposed in 171 cities all over India.
Tuition, registration & other fee: Rs. 1628/- p.a.
Hostel Fee: Rs. 4228/- p.a.
- Applications start from January 24th, 2017. Applications need to be filled online from portal http://mbbs.aiimsexams.org/#!
- Online Registration for MBBS Entrance Examination is a Six (6) steps process, all Six(6) steps are mandatory and must be completed before registration closing date.
1. Fill the Registration section. Note down the unique candidate ID generated after filling this section
2. Pay Exam fees of Rs. 1000/- online via NetBanking / Credit Card / Debit Card
3. Choose the city that suits you for the entrance exam from the list shown. The allotment of city will be immediate and no changes will be allowed once a city is confirmed during this process. Also, the no. of seats available in that particular city will show up to give the candidate an idea regarding seat availability.
4. Fill the qualification & address details
5. Upload latest passport size Photograph, Signature and Thumb Impression
6. Print Registration form. Check if information shown is correct. If any changes need to be made, candidate can use 'Edit' option and make necessary changes. Then as a last step click on 'Final Submit Button'.
- Read detailed instructions in prospectus regarding image upload requirements for Step 5.