WBJEE 2023 Date Announced


West Bengal Joint Entrance examination WBJEE-2023 will be conducted by WBJEEB for admission in the academic session 2023-24 into Undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture of different Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal on 30 Apr 2023. The examination will be conducted in OMR mode.WBJEE 2023 Exam Date

Date of examination: 30th April 2023 (Sunday).

Date for start online application/other activities: Will be announced shortly.

Type of participating institute and scope of admission: Last year, following institutes / seats allocation was in scope for admission through WBJEE.

(i) State funded/State aided Universities / Univ. Departments (U)

100% seats in respect of all available courses admitted through WBJEE. For Jadavpur University, 90% of General seats were earmarked for West Bengal Domicile candidates.

(ii) Government Engineering & Technology Colleges (G)

100% seats in respect of all available courses admitted through WBJEE

(iii) Private & Self Financing Universities (PU)

The number of seats for admission through WBJEE would be available in the Seat Matrix to be published before counselling and admission. Separate Fee-Structures were available for study in such Private & Self Financing Universities as may be defined by the respective Universities or by the State Government in the Higher Education Department through relevant Government Orders.

(iv) Private & Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges - Non-Minority Institutions (P) : 90% of the Seats through the WBJEE and remaining 10% seats for admission through JEE-Mains.

Separate Fee-Structures are available for study in such institutions as may be defined by the Higher Education Department, Govt of West Bengal.

Seats for admission through JEE-Mains

Seats were available for student’s merit listed in JEE (Main), Paper-1 up to the extent of 10% of the approved seats in all Self-Financed Engineering & Technology Colleges of West Bengal.


-- MEP News Bureau