UG Applications open for Presidency University Kolkata2022-07-20
Online applications are invited from the interested candidates who have passed the (10+2) level examination from a school in India, not before 2022. The admissions are only through merit. The University offers a three-year full-time Undergraduate Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Science (BSc) Courses(Major/ Honors) for the session 2022-2023.
A candidate may apply for a maximum of two subjects.
About the University
Presidency University, Kolkata is a second major public research university located in College Street, Kolkata. Established in 1817, it is probably the oldest institution in India to have no religious connection. Raja Ram Mohan Roy was one of its founders. Presidency College has been recognized by the UGC as an Institute of National Eminence.
· Students from across India are eligible to apply under the General Category.
· Candidates must have passed (not before 2022) in the 10+2 system conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal, or any equivalent examination from a recognized board/council.
· Candidates with International ‘A’ level or International Baccalaureate qualifications must have at least three subjects at the IGCSE level and three at the ‘A’ level, with English in either of the two levels.
a. Availability of reserved category (SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD) seats shall be restricted to residents of West Bengal only.
b. Candidates claiming such seats must submit relevant Certificates issued from either of the competent authorities of the Government of West Bengal.
The minimum aggregate score requirement is 75% on average for 10+2 and 60% at the secondary level.
1) No application fee is required. Apply @ Application Form
2) Candidates need to fill up various educational information such as total marks obtained in 10th level, marks obtained in different subjects of 10th level and (10+2)th level.
3) The academic score will be used to prepare the General Merit List. (GMR)
4) Allotment of seat/admission will be done based on GMR only (not on category ranks).
- Application deadline: 5th August 2022
- Publication of Provisional General Merit lists: 12th August 2022
- The tentative last date of admission is 30th September 2022