BASE Extends Registration Deadline For 5 Yr Integ MSc Economics2022-06-09
As CUET-UG score shall be accepted for determination of merit for admission in its 5 Year Integrated MSc Economics course, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE) has now extended the application last date to register for this on its portal. Students who have registered in CUET-UG in NTA and also opted for BASE as one of the preferences will only be eligible to apply online to this University.
About BASE : Modelled on the lines of the celebrated London School of Economics, Bengaluru Dr. B. R. Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE) is a Unitary University and institute of excellence set up by Govt of Karnataka. Last year, the University had conducted its own entrance test. Prior to that, for 2 years, it had granted admission through CUCET (which is anyway now rechristened as CUET).
Course offered : 5 Year Integrated MSc Economics. 75 seats for Indian candidates + 5 seats for PIO/Foreign Nationals.
Selection procedure : Students will be selected on the basis of performance in CUET-UG. Selection process for the PIO/ Foreign National is based on the merit list of the performance in the respective qualifying examination.
For admission to the five-year integrated M.Sc. Economics programme, candidates should have passed in 12th Std/2nd PUC / Equivalent Exam with English as one of the Languages and Mathematics as a core subject and obtained a minimum of 65% marks (60% for SC/ST) in aggregate.
- 60% seats are reserved for students of Karnataka and the remaining 40% seats are open for students of all states including Karnataka.
- Of the total seats 20% seats are reserved for SC category and 10% seats are reserved for ST category as per the orders of Government of Karnataka.
- For Karnataka Category seats(60%) other OBC reservation (including 371(J) ) would be adopted as per the norms.
Last date (EXTENDED) to apply online on BASE portal : 10 Jul 2022
CUET applications : Closed on 31 May 2022
Application link : https://campus.uno/preadmission/index?ic=base