DTU Delhi Starts BDesign 2021 Admissions2021-06-08
Delhi Technological University has started registrations for admission in its 4 Year Bachelor of Design course for the year 2021-22. The course was started by the University in the year 2018-19.
About the University : The erstwhile Delhi College of Engineering was upgraded as Delhi Technological University by the Govt of NCT of Delhi in the year 2009. The University has an illustrious history spanning over 8 decades, having started in 1941 in the name of Delhi Polytechnic.
Areas of specialization : The 4 Year Bachelor of Design course is offered in DTU in following 4 areas of specialization :
a) Visual Communication
b) Product Design
c) Interaction Design
d) Fashion Design
Total seats : 120
a) Seats for Delhi Region : 85% seats are reserved for Delhi Region candidates (candidates passing the qualifying examination from a recognized school / college / institution located within the NCT of Delhi).
b) Seats for Outside Delhi Region : 15% seats are for Outside Delhi Region candidates (candidates passing the qualifying examination from a recognized school / college / institution located outside the NCT of Delhi).
- If the centre of examination is located in NCT of Delhi, the candidate will be considered under Delhi Region. If the centre of examination is located outside NCT of Delhi, the candidate will be considered under Outside Delhi Region.
- Reservation of seats is provided under different categories like for SCT, ST, OBC, EWS, Defence, Kashmiri Migrants, Single Girl Child, Central / State Board topper etc
- HSC vocational examination
- Diploma recognized by AICTE of atleast 3 year duration
- GCE examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advance level
- High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University or IB Diploma of IBO Geneva
- Indian School Certificate Examination (12 year course) of the Council of Indian School Certificate Examination
- The final examination of 10+2 system, conducted by a Central of State Board recognized by AIU
- Any other examination considered as equivalent to Senior School Certificate Examination of CBSE
- NIOS candidates are also eligible
Note : Aspirants who have appeared in the annual examination in 2021 and have been placed in Compartment will NOT be eligible for admission for the year 2021.
Basis of admission : Admission shall be based on the merit list prepared taking into account the performance in UCEED-2021 conducted by IIT Mumbai. UCEED is one of the most premium many Design Entrance Exams in India.
Application dates : 8 June to 30 June 2021
Display of First Merit List : 4 July 2021
First round of admission : 8 July 2021
Display of vacant seats for second round : 11 July 2021
Second round of admission : 15 July 2021
Display of vacant seats for third round : 22 July 2021
Second round of admission : 30 July 2021
Applications need to be made online by registering @ https://cumsdtu.in/AdmissionsWebsite/
Application fee : Rs1,000/- for General / OBC and Rs500/- for SC / ST / PwD
The application process if completed only when the printout of the filled online application form is taken after paying the registration fee online. This printout along with photographs and other documents is required at the time of counselling.