JEE-Advanced 2021 Eligibility Changed2021-01-14
Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ recently announced the date for conduct of JEE-Advance-2021. Thereafter, a much sought after relief has also been announced regarding Eligibility – doing away with the “minimum 75% marks in 10+2” criteria.
Through JEE-Adavnced, IITs offer admission into undergraduate courses leading to a Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences or Architecture. Both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees are awarded to candidates enrolled in the dual degree programs upon successful completion of the course curriculum. In some of the IITs, students enrolled into the 4-year Bachelor’s program have the option to pursue B.Tech. (Honors) and/or B.Tech. with Minors. Dual Degree students may also pursue a Minor. Further, in some IITs B.Tech. students also have the option to pursue Interdisciplinary Dual Degree, with Bachelors in parent Department and Masters in some other Department. All the above options require fulfillment of certain academic performance related criteria.
List of 23 IITs : IIT Bhilai, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Dhanbad, Dharwad, Gandhinagar, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kharagpur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Mandi, Mumbai, New Delhi, Palakkad, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar, Tirupati, Varanasi
Other institutes accepting JEE-Advanced : Other institutes which have used JEE-Advanced ranks in the past include the following :
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) located in Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
- Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam