Thapar University Introduces Liberal Arts and Sciences Programs2020-08-29
Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (TIET), a Deemed to be University, has started offering liberal arts and sciences UG program. The newly created Thapar School of Liberal Arts & Sciences (TSLAS) to deliver these programs starting this year.
TIET is located in Patiala Punjab and is Ranked #21 by NIRF 2020 among top Universities in India, and #29 among top Engineering Colleges by NIRF 2020.
TSLAS offers a total of 60 seats in BA/B.Sc./BBA in Liberal Arts and Sciences in the following majors. Students can choose their major at the end of first year (second semester) of their study. The maximum number of students allowed in a major is 20 and the minimum number of students needed to offer a major is 5.
The school offers 24 topics that can be chosen as Majors or Minors.
Admission to BA/BSc / BBA majors programs is subject to the fulfillment of the Following eligibility criteria.
- The Candidate has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of any three subjects (One of the subjects must be English).
- The school may consider applications from students with extraordinary achievements in areas such as sports, music, dance, painting, social work, software development etc. with just a pass mark in their 10+2 examination.
- Any 3-year diploma after 10 Th or 10+2 is also considered.
- Performance in (10+2) exam with 40% weightage.
- Written essay demonstrating English language and critical & creative writing skills (20% weightage). In this regard, if available, SAT scores will be given due Consideration.
- Group discussion (15% weightage).
- Personal interview (25% weightage).
Last Date to Apply: 10th September 2020
Visit http://www.thapar.edu/ to apply.