IISc Application Date extended till 6 Aug2020-08-01
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore offers admission to its four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme in 2020. Students who will appear for the 12th standard board examination (or equivalent) in 2020 and those who have passed this examination in 2019 are eligible to apply for admission to this Programme. The last of application has been extended upto 6 Aug 2020
IISc has been ranked #1 University in India by NIRF-2020, the specialized ranking body setup by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
Course offered at UG level at IISc
4-Year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme: This programme is carefully designed to offer specialization in a science subject, but the knowledge imparted carries a strong flavour of engineering and an exposure to social science disciplines.
All students take core courses in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering and Humanities in the first one and half years (I, II and III semesters). While specialization is introduced rigorously in the following year and a half (IV, V and VI semesters), the students are free (and are also encouraged) to choose electives from subjects other than their own specialization during this time. The course culminates with a research oriented project in the fourth year (VII and VIII semesters) supervised by a faculty.
Six major disciplines are offered: Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Environmental Science, Materials, Mathematics, and Physics.
For a well balanced and well rounded learning experience, each student is required to take a minimum number of courses in engineering and humanities.
Intake: 120 seats
- Tuition Fee (Annual): Rs.10000/-
- Gymkhana Fee (Annual): Rs.1200/-
- Other Academic Fee (Annual): Rs.3700/-
- Students Emergency Fund (Annual): Rs.300/-
- Statutory Deposit (Refundable): Rs.7500/- (to be paid in the first year only)
- Library Deposit (Refundable): Rs.7500/- (to be paid in the first year only)
Tuition Fee (Annual) is Fully Waived for SC/ST students. Other Fee apply.
Depending on their performance in national examinations such as KVPY, IITJEE (Main and Advanced), and AIPMT, students will be able to avail themselves of the standard fellowships offered by agencies such as KVPY and DST-INSPIRE.
- Candidates who have completed their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2019 and those who are expecting to complete their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2020 are eligible to apply.
- The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects (All three mandatory) during their II PUC / 12th Standard.
- Candidates who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates must have secured a first class or 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates) in the II PUC / 12th Standard examination.
Based on the merit list of one of the following national examinations:
- KVPY-SA [appeared in 2018 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SB [appeared in 2019 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SX [appeared in 2019 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates [appeared in 2018 for SA, 2019 for SX and selected for the Fellowship]
2. IIT-JEE-Main: Appearing in 2020 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 54% (EWS), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)
3. IIT-JEE-Advanced: Appearing in 2020 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 54% (EWS), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)
4. NEET-UG: Appearing in 2020 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 54% (EWS), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)
Note: In the case of IIT-JEE (Main and Advanced), candidates have to enter the registration number that is mentioned in their admit card for the examination. Please note that this number is not the application number. In the case of NEET, the number candidates must enter is the roll number given in their admit card for the examination.
Havent't recieved the IIT-JEE (Main or Advanced) or NEET-UG registration number? Candidates can fill the application form now without filling the details of the qualifying examinations and fill the details later, after receiving the admit card(s).
Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Economically Weaker Sections/Person with disability (PwD) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM) candidates: As per Government of India regulations.
1. Filling the Application Form (available only online) @ https://admissions.iisc.ac.in/Web/SelectUGPG.aspx
2. The application fee is Rs. 500/- for GN/OBC/KM candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PWD categories.
3. Payment of the Application Fee: Mode of payment options: Online Payment - Net-banking, Visa Card/ Master Card, Debit/Credit Cards.
Last Date to Apply: 6 Aug 2020
Authorities Empowered To Issue Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class Certificates:
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate / Sub-divisional Magistrate / Taluk Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his/her family normally resides.
- Administrator / Secretary to Adminstrator / Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands)