HPTU cancels HPCET, 50 percent admissions each via JEE Mains and Class 12 score2020-06-21
Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU), Hamirpur, a premier institution of undergraduate, postgraduate teaching and research in the country, was established in 2010 as a State Government University of Himachal Pradesh.
HPTU conducts Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET) for admissions to B.Tech / B.Pharmacy / B.Pharmacy (Ayurveda), M.Tech, M.Pharmacy, MCA and MBA offered by HPTU and colleges affiliated to it, deemed to be University or other Universities established under the State Act or constituent units thereto.
In the year 2020, HPTU has decided to not conduct HPCET. Instead, the admissions in BTech course shall be made through two channels : (a) JEE-Mains 2020 and (b) marks scored in qualifying examination (10+2).
Branches offered : Architecture, Automobile, Civil, Computer Science & Engg, Electrical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Information Tech, Mechanical, Textile
No. of institutes/seats : Approx 3180 seats in following 14 institutes:
1. Jawaharlal Nehru Govt. Engineering College, Sundernagar, District. Mandi, (H.P).
2. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Govt. Institute of Engineering & Technology, Pragatinagar, District Shimla, (H.P).
3. Rajiv Gandhi Govt. Engineering. College Kangra at Nagrota Bagwan, District Kangra. (H.P).
4. HPTU Off-Campus Mahatma Gandhi Govt. Engineering College, Kotla (Jeori), Distt-Shimla (H.P.) Camp at JNGEC, Sundernagar, Distt. Mandi (H.P).
5. HPTU Off-Campus Hydro Engineering College, Bandla, Blaspur Camp at RGGEC Kangra at Nagrota Bagwan.
6. Govt. PG College Dharamshala, Distt. Kangra, H.P.
7. Green Hills Engineering College, Village- Gandhigram, P.O. Baholi, Nahan Road, Kumarhatti, Distt. Solan (H.P).
8. Himalayan Institute of Engineering & Technology, Sadhora Road, Kala Amb, Tehsil Nahan, District Sirmour (H.P).
9. Himachal Institute of Engineering & Technology, at Vidya Nagar, Tehsil Shahpur, District Kangra (H.P).
10. K.C. Group of Research & Professional Institutes, VPO. Pandoga Uparala, Tehsil & Distt. Una (H.P).
11. SIRDA Institute of Engineering Technology, Village- Tarot, PO-Kanaid, Tehsil Sundernagar, District. Mandi, (H.P).
12. T.R. Abhilashi Memorial Institute of Engineering and Technology, Tanda, P.O. Balt (Ner-Chowk), Tehsil-Sadar, District Mandi (H.P).
13. Vaishno College of Engineering, Vill. Thapkour, P.O.-Bhadroya Tehsil Nurpur, District Kangra (H.P).
14. LR Engineering & Technology, Village Jabli-Kyar, PO-Oachghat, District- Solan (HP).
50% seats through JEE, 50% through 10+2 merit
The admission to the first 50% of the seats shall be made on the basis of merit / rank / score obtained in JEE-Mains-2020. The remaining 50% seats will be filled up on the basis of merit of the qualifying examinations. i.e 10+2.
In case the seats remain vacant after exhausting the merit of JEE-Mains-2020, the remaining seats will be filled up on the basis of merit of the qualifying examinations. i.e 10+2.
The admission in B.Arch shall be based on aggregate marks of 10+2 or equivalent and valid NATA score or score qualified in JEE-Mains-2020 Paper-II in the ratio of 50:50 (weightage).
Key dates - Last date to apply online is 31 July 2020