NRI Seats in MBBS, BDS in Kerala : Eligibility and Documents Required2019-12-22
Commissioner For Entrance Examinations (CEE) Kerala has notified the Eligibility and the List of documents required to be produced for NRI Quota seats in UG & PG Medical/ Dental courses in Self Financing Medical/ Dental colleges.
It may be noted that the admissions to UG Medical and Dental courses in all colleges in India, including AIIMS and JIPMER, are through NEET.
Eligibility for admission under NRI Quota (both UG and PG Medical / Dental courses)
An applicant, who depends upon his/her father/ mother/ brothers and sisters (inclusive if first cousins) / Husband / wife/ brothers and sisters (inclusive of first cousins) of father or mother/ Half Brother / Half sister/ adopted father or adopted mother working abroad” is eligible to apply under NRI Quota.
List of documents to be produced
1) Relationship certificate of the sponsor and students to be issued by the Revenue Authorities as per G.O.(MS)No.243/2014/H&FWD dated 06.08.2014.
2) Overseas Employment Certificate issued by the Employer, attested by the Embassy and if Self employed, it should also be attested by the Embassy. In the case of non-submission of Embassy certificate, the endorsement in the passport of the sponsor about the employment by the Embassy/ Consulate shall be accepted. Certificate issued by the Embassy/ Consulate stating that the Sponsor is a Non Resident Indian (NRI) or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) or the Green Card documents shall be accepted in Lieu of the Overseas Employment Certificate issued by the Employer and attested by the Embassy.
3) Passport with Visa stamped on it and attested by the Embassy.
4) A Self affidavit of the relationship between sponsor and the candidate (Sponsorship certificate).
5) The sponsor should be an Indian Citizen/ Overseas citizen of India/ Person of Indian Origin and
relevant documents to prove the same.
Candidates desirous of applying for NRI quota seats should obtain these documents early enough so as to upload at the time of online application submission.