Engineering Entrance Exams Announced as of Nov 1st week2019-11-07
As the 2020 Admission cycle is heating-up a host of announcements are being made on a weekly basis on these topics, we take a quick look at the Engineering Entrance Exam scene as on date. Of the 13 Engineering Entrance Exams announced so far, some of the institutes/universities have started the application process while a few have only announced dates of exams and the application process is expected to start sometime later. Here's the list in no particular order:
1. JEE Main - 1 : JEE Main is the premier entrance exam conducted by the NTA for admission to all the NITs, CFTIs and is the gate to quislify for JEE-Adv for admissions into the IITs. It conducts the exam twice each year. JEE Main-1 application dates are over.
Last Date to Apply: Over
2. JEE Main - 2 : The second exam conducted by the NTA for for admission to all the NITs, CFTIs and is the gate to quislify for JEE-Adv for admissions into the IITs. The application process begins in early February.
Last Date to Apply: 07th Mar, 2020
3. NIFT-B.F.Tech: National Institute of Fashion TEchnology, setup under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles is a statutuory institute of the Govt.. It offers a 4 years Bachelors in Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech) in Apparel Production with 425 seats spread across Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna campuses.
Last Date to Apply: 31st Dec, 2019
4. VITEEE: The Vellore Institute of Technology conducts a combined entrance exam for admission for B.Tech programs in four of its campuses - Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati (A.P.).
Last Date to Apply: 29th Feb, 2020
5. KLUEEE: K L Deemed University in Andhra Pradesh offers B.Tech, B.Arch, Integrated Dual Degree (6 Yr) BTech + MTech/MBA programs and conducts its own entrance exam for admissions.
Last Date to Apply: 10th Dec, 2019
6. LPUNEST: Lovely Professional University operates out of a 600 acre campus in the State of Punjab. It conducts National Eligibility and Scholarship test (LPUNEST) for admission as well as for grant of scholarships in its B.Tech / Integrated programs.
Last Date to Apply: 09th Jan, 2020
7. SRMJEEE: SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE UG) is conducted for admissions into B.Tech programs offered by SRM Group of Universities viz., SRM Institute of Science & Technology Chennai, SRM Ghaziabad, SRM Sonipat (Haryana) and SRM Amravati (Andhra Pradesh).
Last Date to Apply: 30th March, 2020
8. ICAR-AIEEA-UG: This is the joint entrance exam conducted by the NTA on behalf of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) which offers admissions to 11 Bachelor Degree programmes in Agriculture and allied sciences of 4 Year duration. The ICAR-AU system of India has 75 Agricultural Universites comprising 64 State Agricultural Universities (SAUs), 4 ICAR-DUs, 3 Central Agricultural Universities and 4 Central Universities (CUs) having Faculty of Agriculture. Application starts in first week of March. Exam date is also announced.
Last Date to Apply: 31st March, 2020
9. AEEE: Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Deemed University) conducts a joint entrance exam for admissions to its B.Tech programs being offered at 5 campuses spread across Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
Last Date to Apply: 31st March, 2020
10. WBJEE: The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) conducts Common Entrance Examination for admission to Undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses in Universities, Government Colleges and Self Financed Institutes in the State of West Bengal. 50% of eats in the private & self-financed institutes are open to canidadtes from all over India without any domicile requirement.
Last Date to Apply: 13th Nov, 2019.
11. SAEEE: Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai conducts SAEEE for admissions to its B.Tech programs. The institute is a Deemed University and offers its own degrees.
Last Date to Apply: 04th April, 2020.
12. JEE-Adv: The entrance exam required to qualify to apply to the IITs, IISc, IIPE, IISERs, IIST, RGIPT. Unlike JEE Main which is conducted by the NTA, JEE-Advanced is conducted each year by one of the IITs. The 2020 exam is conducted by IIT-Delhi.
To be eligible to JEE-Advanced, candidates have to first apply and appear for either of the two JEE-Main Entrance Exams.
13. GCET-Eng: Directorate of Technical Education, Govt of Goa conducts GCET exam for admission to Government, Government-aided and un-aided colleges in Goa offering Bachelor Degree in Engineering. Only the date of exam has been announced which are 5th & 6th May, 2020.
There are many more entrance exams that are expected to be announced soon. Check our Engineering Entrance Exam Listing page to view all.