CBSE Hikes Board Exam Fee 30 Times for SC ST Candidates
CBSE has announced new fee structure for candidates appearing for Class X and XII board examinations from 2020. As per the circular dated 02 Aug, the following fee details will apply for both Class X & Class XII:
- For students of all categories (General, SC, ST): Rs.1500 for 5 subjects (earlier it was Rs.750 for General category and Rs.50 for SC/ST candidates)
- For SC/ST candidates of Government Schools of Delhi: Rs. 1200
- Rs.300 for Additional / Optional Subject per candidate
- Late fee would be the above prescribed fee + Rs.2000
- Visually impaired candidates are exempted from examination fee of Class X/XII.
In effect for General Category candidates, it is a 200% (i.e. double) increase in fee. While for SC/ST candidates outside Delhi it is a whopping 2900% hike (i.e. 30 times) and for a SC/ST candidate in Delhi Govt School it amounts to a 2300% hike (i.e. 24 times) in fee.
Class X and XII students enrolled in CBSE schools outside India will now pay Rs 10,000 for five subjects (earlier it was Rs 5000). The fees for an additional subjects in Class X/XII has been fixed at Rs 2,000, as against Rs 1,000 earlier for students enrolled outside India.
Other changes in board exams from 2020:
- Migration fee that was Rs.150 earlier has now been hiked to Rs. 350 (133% hike)
- CBSE will not have any scheme as Delhi or All India.
- The All India Secondary School Examination (Class-X) and All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Class-XII) will be replaced with Secondary School Examination (Class-X) and Senior School Certificate Examination (Class-XII).