AICTE Caution notice : Institutes offering technical courses without approval
In light of the fact that some institutions are offering technical education programs without approval of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), it has issued a press advertisement on 8 May 2019 clarifying / cautioning as below :
1. All institutes engaged in offering programs in
- Engineering & Technology
- Pharmacy, Architecture & Planning
- Applied Arts & Craft and Design
- Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- MCA and Management
- Post Diploma
- Under Graduate Degree
- Postgraduate Diploma
- Postgraduate Degree Level / Fellowship
need to have mandatory prior approval of AICTE in accordance with Section 10 and 11 of AICTE Act 1987 and Regulation 2018.
2. Any institute not having prior approval from AICTE and conducting programs / courses as outlined above, is liable to punitive legal / criminal action. In accordance with para 9 and 10 of AICTE Regulations 2018 as notified in Gazette of India vide F.No.AB / AICTE / REG / 2018 dated 31 Dec 2018.
3. Any institution offering technical program without the approval of council shall be declared as Unapproved Institution.
4. The Council shall inform respective State Govt / UT Administration to initiate penal, civil / criminal action against such defaulting Institutions / Turst / Society / Company / Associated Individuals as the case may be.
Status of approval of institutions offering above said programs may be checked on AICTE portal in the menu “STATISTICS”.
Download AICTE notice HERE