CHRIST (Deemed University) Applications 2019 to have Two Cycles
CHRIST (Deemed University) applications for 2019 admissions are now ongoing. The major undergraduate programs being offered by CHRIST (Deemed University) are :
1. Commerce & Business - 5 B.B.A. & 7 B.Com Programs
2. Engineering - 14 B.Tech Programs & an Architecture Program
3. Hotel & Hospitality Management - 1 Program
4. Social Sciences - 14 B.A. Programs & 1 B.Sc. Program
5. Law - B.A. LL.B & B.B.A. LL.B Programs
6. Pure Sciences - 8 B.Sc. Programs
7. Computer Applications - B.C.A.
Of the above, some are entrance exam based while the others are based on Class 12 merit.
Two Sessions Admission Process
In order to offer flexibility for students applying at their programs from across the country, CHRIST is following a two-cycle (or two session) admission process. The student can opt to appear for April cycle (Session 1) or the May cycle (Session 2), depending upon the candidate's suitability.
Each cycle consists of :
1. Entrance Test (ET) -> only for select programs
2. Skill Assessment (SA): The skill assessment will consist of a test on written skills, communication skills and logical reasoning
3. Micro Presentation (MP): Micro Presentation for 90 sec / student during this selection process (Only for select programs)
4. Personal Interview (PI)
5. Academic Performance: Assessment of past performance in Class 10, Class 11/12, during the Personal Interview
- For the programs that have an entrance exam, only those students who qualify within the minimum cut-off in the Entrance Test will be called for the SA, MP & PI rounds.
- For the programs that do NOT have an entrance exam, only those students who qualify a merit cut-off based on their academic performance (Class 12) will be called for the SA, MP & PI rounds. The merit cut off will be declared on the 4th day after the declaration of class 12 results (Karnataka PUC/CBSE/ISC). Other Boards whose results may be declared after the above mentioned Boards will be considered subject to availability of seats.
Selection Process - Cities
- The entrance exams would be held across 101 cities in India.
- SA+MP+PI for Cycle 1 (Session 1) will be conducted in NCR (National Capital Region), Kolkata & Bengaluru only
- SA+MP+PI for Cycle 2 (Session 2) will be conducted in Bengaluru only
Last Date to apply for Cycle 1 admissions is April 18th, 2019
Cycle 1: Entrance Exams on April 27th & 28th April, 2019
Last Date to apply for Cycle 2 admissions is May 08th, 2019
Cycle 2 Entrance Exams on May 14th & May 15th, 2019
The application fee for entrance exam based programs is Rs.1500/- while for the merit based programs is Rs. 500 and in some cases Rs. 700/-
For select programs, the candidate would be allowed to choose upto 3 programs withing a single application form.
Click the links for Application form link and details about the entrance exam based programs at Christ
Commerce & Business: Christ Univ - BCom & Christ Univ - BBA
Social Sciences: Christ Univ - Social Sciences
Journalism & Masscom: Christ Univ - Journalism
Hotel Management: Christ Univ - BHM