Examination Details

Exam name JNU-ForeignLang-BA
Notification Status Announced
Examination Body

Jawahar Lal Nehru University

Examination Body Type Central Univ
Popularity Popular - All India
Summary

Course offered : BA(H) in Persian, Pushto, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, French, German, Russian, Spanish

The Jawaharlal Nehru University is a Central University constituted in 1966 and is situated in New Delhi. JNU is innovative with regard to its academic structure, and the revision of curricula is a continuous and ongoing process. One of the most reputed Universities i India, it is ranked #2 by NIRF - the ranking adopted by the MHRD, Government of India.  The University os ranked #96 in Asia University Rankings of the Times Higher Education - World University Ranking.  

The School Of Language, Literature And Culture Studies at the University is the only department offering Undergraduate level programs at the University.  And the is the only institution of its kind in the country where facilities for teaching and research in most of the major foreign languages are available. It imparts instruction in a number of European, Central and West Asian as well as East Asian Languages, such as French, German, Russian, Spanish, Arabic, Persian, Pashto, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.

The B.A.(Honours) programme offered by the School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies is grouped into three Entrance Exam groups:
(i) Cluster 1: French, German, Spanish, Russian 
(ii) Cluster 2: Japanese, Korean, Chinese 
(iii) Cluster 3: Persian, Arabic, Pashto
Candidates may opt for three Languages from two clusters only. They may opt for three languages from within the same cluster.

Intake:
French - 48  (UR:19; SC:7; ST:4; PwD:2; OBC:13; EWS:5;)
German - 48  (UR:19; SC:7; ST:4; PwD:2; OBC:13; EWS:5;)
Russian - 68  (UR:28; SC:10; ST:5; PwD:4; OBC:18; EWS:7;)
Spanish - 39  (UR:15; SC:6; ST:3; PwD:2; OBC:11; EWS:4;)
Japanese - 48  (UR:19; SC:7; ST:4; PwD:2; OBC:13; EWS:5;)
Korean - 39  (UR:15; SC:6; ST:3; PwD:2; OBC:11; EWS:4;)
Chinese - 44  (UR:18; SC:7; ST:3; PwD:2; OBC:12; EWS:4;)
Persian - 39  (UR:15; SC:6; ST:3; PwD:2; OBC:11; EWS:4;)
Pashto - 19  (UR:8; SC:3; ST:1; PwD:1; OBC:5; EWS:2;)
Arabic - 39  (UR:15; SC:6; ST:3; PwD:2; OBC:11; EWS:4;)

Note : 
1. B.A.(Hons.) in foreign language (except Pashto) being an integral part of the 5-year M.A. programme, on successful completion of B.A. (Hons.), the student will be eligible to seek registration to the first year of the M.A. programme (i.e. fourth year of 5-year M.A.) in the respective language, without having to go through the entrance examination again subject to his/her fulfilling minimum eligibility requirements.
2. 80% of the seats in the First Year of 3-year B.A.(Hons.) programme in the School are earmarked for those who have either passed the Senior School certificate or equivalent examination in the year 2018 or are due to appear in 2019, and the remaining 20% are open to all other candidates.

Reservation :
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities: 5%
- OBC (non creamy layer): 27%
- EWS: 10% << NEW CATEGORY

Supernumerary Seats (over and above sanctioned seats):
- 5% widows/wards of retired/serving defence personnel
- 01 seat for candidates from J&K
- 02 for wards of JNU employees (group c & d)

EWS Category: Candidate should not opt for SC/ST category and gross annual family income must be below  Rs. 8.00 lakh. Family will include the person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years. The income shall include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession etc. and it will be income for the financial year prior to the year of application.  To claim EWS quota, candidates or their family must own less than:
i. 5 acres of Agricultural Land and above;
ii. Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above;
iii. Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
iv. Residential plot of 210 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.

Fees:
Annual Tuition and Other Fee:  ₹375.00

Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.
Oops! You have to be a Paid User (and logged in) to access this detail. Click here to Login/Register.