Impact of JEE Advanced going online: Strategy and tips2018-03-05
All this while JEE advanced aspirants have been writing the entrance. Now instead of writing, they will be typing and surfing because that is the new way of appearing for JEE Advanced. With many glitches and mistakes that had taken place in the past, the Joint Admission Board or JAB has decided the online way of JEE Advanced. It is definitely a historic move. The Impact will be seen in two colors; positive and negative.
Positive Impact of JEE Advanced online
- Global Acceptance: It has been seen that most of the entrances in countries outside India is online. There is hardly the use of pen and paper these days. This is to avoid any glitches. Moreover, when you take the online way of entrances, in future, you will have no issue with other entrances. Technologically, you get sounder and get digitally smarter as you start practicing computer frequently. This makes the global acceptance easier. A student gains more visibility outside India compared to those who have never attempted online entrances.
- Rectification of human errors: When a paper is to be evaluated, human errors tend to occur and to avoid this, online paper checking method is the best as human error is reduced through the use of computer.
- Safety from Mishandling: Papers are subject to soiling and spoiling when they have to be loaded on a vehicle, sent to a particular destination etc. On the other hand, online mode is the best mode as everything is centralized and safe in one place. Everything is universally accessible and there is no fear of spoilage. There is no need of handling. Just save and retain.
- Live Online Classes: This mode of coaching getting popular and making students globally competent.
Negative Impact of JEE Advanced online
- Struggle for students from the rural areas: Students from the rural areas are not used to the online method. This can be an obstacle in the better performance of the students who can do wonders if not appearing online.
- Categorization of Questions: It is easier to categorize questions on papers than online. With online mode, keeping questions for later can be inconvenient.
With both the pros and cons out of the implementation of online JEE Advance, it is important to strategize best ways in scoring well. The motive is to crack the entrance; no matter what the mode of entrance is. Making ways to study hard and bringing out result that is desired are the ultimate goals one can think of.
What Tips and Strategies to be followed?
The new mode of entrance can be a challenge for many and those who can get over the challenge will win the race effectively. For those who have been facing the challenges, the tips and tricks can help in the long run. Try and practice to clear in the first attempt even after the change in the entrance pattern.
Practice till you master it: Online mode is not difficult. It is just different than the traditional method of appearing for any entrance. It is important to start practicing the online mode through mock tests several times before the entrance date. This will make one close to perfect and gain confidence. The fear of online entrance will be gone and it will be just another entrance for you. The practice can be categorized in the following steps-
- Learn the basics first. Without the basic, you will find it difficult to proceed further and gain more knowledge. Once you have the subject matter expertise, you will automatically have the confidence of facing the online entrance of IIT JEE Advanced
- Practice the previous year question papers online. With this, you will gain the habit of using the online entrance mode. When you reach the examination hall on the entrance day, you won’t have the fear of the online entrance examination
- Mock tests can prove to be beneficial. Any doubt you have, ensure that you won’t delay the process of seeking clarification from the teachers and mentors
- Joining online coaching classes can also break the ice between your fear and the online mode
Once you follow these tricks and tips, you will definitely be super confident and have more power to encounter the online mode of entrance. This may take time. It may be a month, three months or even six months; but following these proven methods have helped CAT aspirants in the past who have always appeared for online mode.
The most important factor is your knowledge. When you have the basics crystal clear, no obstacle can break you. You will always be confident. Of course, the speed of attempting questions online can be slower. This can be dealt with easily. Joining a computer class and understanding the way it operates and how it works can be fruitful for you. For someone who is already adept at it can try the mock test online. For beginners, joining a computer coaching is a must.
Try it to believe that you can. Nothing is impossible if you believe in the phrase, “I can”.
Author Bio:- Aditya Singhal is the co-founder of AskIITians an online coaching platform for IIT JEE, Medical and School Entrance exams. It is his passion and vision to help the engineering and medical aspirants that he along with his co-founder started with this venture. He had worked with Kurt Salmon Associates, a reputed American Management Consultancy.